TRADOC Chief Knowledge Office (CKO)
TRADOC Knowledge Management (KM) facilitates situational understanding and decision making through the art of creating, organizing, applying, and transferring knowledge.**
|TRADOC CKO Mission:
||TRADOC CKO Vision:
|Establish a culture that creates, organizes, applies and transfers knowledge to all Army Forces.
||A knowledge-enabled force – one learns, everyone knows.|
Using Knowledge ... to Prepare, Adapt and Win!
A Knowledge-Enabled Force -- One Learns, Everyone Knows
|TRADOC Knowledge Management (KM) Principles: (aligned to the four functions above)|
- Train and educate KM leaders, managers, and champions.
- Reward knowledge sharing and make knowledge management career rewarding.
- Establish a doctrine of collaboration.
- Use every interaction, whether face-to-face or virtual, as an opportunity to acquire and share knowledge.
- Prevent knowledge loss.
- Protect and secure information and knowledge assets.
- Use legal and standard business rules and processes across the enterprise.
- Embed knowledge assets (e.g. links, podcasts, videos, documents, simulations, wikis) in standard business processes and provide access to those who need to know.
- Use standardized collaborative tools sets.
- Use Open Architectures to permit access and searching across boundaries.
- Use a robust search capability to access contextual knowledge and store content for discovery.
- Use portals that permit single sign-on and authentication across the global enterprise including partners.
- Use standardize repositories that tags content allowing enterprise discoverablity and sharing capabilities to capture, preserve and make available information essential for decisions, and actions.
- Document Management using common taxonomies.
**Sources: FM 3-0 (Feb 08), FM 6-01.1 (July 12), Army KM 12 Principles, TRADOC KM Strategic Plan, TRADOC CKO White Paper-Army KM Governance**