Purpose: To instill the skills, knowledge, and attributes required for Soldiers to contribute to their first units of assignment.
• Transform civilian volunteers into Soldiers
• Train to standard / Consistency of output
• Take care of Soldiers, families, and civilians
• Conduct Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and
Prevention Program (SHARP), Hazing prevention, and
Suicide prevention training
• Reduce leader indiscipline
• Emphasize “Soldier Athlete” (Physical Training,
Musculoskeletal Action Team pilots, Soldier Fueling,
Master Fitness Trainer Course).
Initial Military Training Center of Excellence (IMT CoE)
IMT CoE MISSION
Initial Military Training conducts Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training, One Station Unit Training, Warrant Officer Basic, and the Basic Officer Leadership Course in order to transform civilian volunteers into Soldiers who can contribute to their first units of assignment.
IMT CoE VISION
Initial Military Training, a proud legacy of training and inspiring American Soldiers, committed to transforming volunteers, while at the same time providing the highest quality of life and care for our Soldiers, Families, and Civilians.
Doctrine 2015: "Delivering Doctrine to the Point of Need"
DOCTRINE 2015 Clear, Concise, Current and Accessible
• Provides the U.S. Army with a completely revised Army Doctrine Publications that are only 10-15 pages in length.
• Doctrine 2015 will make these references available at the point of need through interactive media such as mobile applications.
• Offers a "wiki" means of contributing to doctrine development.
• Essential lessons learned from 10 yrs of persistent conflict.
• Doctrine is more accessible to Soldiers.
To learn more on the latest efforts with U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command’s “doctrine surge,” click here