Mr. William F. Moore
Son of an Army Combat Veteran, Non-Commissioned Officer, Mr. Bill Moore was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in October 2006 and is currently the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1/4 (Personnel and Logistics), U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command.
He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech, a Master’s Degree in Management from Florida Tech, and a Master’s Degree in National Resource Strategy from the National Defense University’s Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF). He is also a graduate of the Defense Leadership & Management Program (DLAMP), the Defense Systems Management College Program Manager’s Course, and the Army Management Staff College. He has over 30 years experience in Army force modernization, training, and leader development to include the following assignments:
- In his current position as Deputy Chief of Staff G-1/4 (Personnel and Logistics), US Army Training and Doctrine Command, he is responsible for human resources, logistics, engineering, and integration of base support programs while administering diversity, medical, safety, and history functions in support of the Command.
- Deputy to the Commanding General of CASCOM & Fort Lee, where he oversaw a workforce approaching 5,000 people across seven states, with a combined budget of more than $300M, to lead Army and assigned Joint sustainment capabilities’ development, and the training/leader development of more than 180,000 Soldiers, other Service members, Allied students, and Civilians per year.
- Associate Deputy Program Manager, Future Combat System (FCS), for Supportability & Production, HQDA ASA (ALT), responsible for developing and integrating the supportability/production aspects of the program.
- Deputy Director/Director, U.S. Army Training & Doctrine Command’s (TRADOC) Sustainment Battle Lab, responsible for future sustainment concepts, capabilities, S&T focus, and experimentation.
- Deputy Director/Director for Ordnance Combat Developments in TRADOC, responsible for developing new doctrine, organizations, and equipment for Army maintenance, ammunition, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD).
- Deputy Director of TRADOC’s Combat Service Support (CSS) Combat Developments Directorate, responsible for Army sustainment concepts, materiel and force structure.
- Division Chief responsible for Army logistics’ equipment requirements; developed the U.S. Army’s “Force XXI” CSS Enablers as part of this mission.
- TRADOC Commander’s Technical Advisor for Space Operations, linking Army requirements to the various joint agencies developing U.S. Space-based defense assets.
- Executive Assistant to the Army’s Chief Scientist on the HQDA staff, developing the Army’s $1B+ annual research and development budget.
- A general engineer determining engineering specifications for Army combat systems.