IRAC's Liaison and Compliance responsibilities are to:
- Arrange entrance conferences, discussions, and exit conferences with external audit organizations and the appropriate organization offices.
- Provide advice on release of information to external auditors.
- Keep commanders and senior managers, whose operations are audited, informed on the status of ongoing audits.
- Mediate the resolution of disagreements between command and/or management and the auditors relative to audit results, as needed.
- Ensure that TRADOC replies to draft findings and recommendations are reviewed for accuracy, adequacy, and responsiveness; have been properly coordinated with responsible TRADOC elements; and meet assigned suspense dates.
- Establish and maintain a recommendation tracking system and an effective follow-up system on both internal review and external audit and investigative reports.
- Conduct follow-up reviews to verify implementation of agreed-to recommendations to determine if corrective actions are effective.