FORT BLISS, Texas —
Noncommissioned Leadership Center of Excellence, or NCOLCoE, introduces a student-centric, educational and web-based platform known as NCOLCoE World Campus, on Nov. 25.
The World Campus site is the latest initiative the NCOLCoE produced to enhance the professional lifelong learning capabilities for Soldiers to share across the world.
The World Campus site is a centralized online delivery system of professional military education that will make online learning easily accessible for Soldiers beyond the brick and mortar walls.
"The goal of this academic portal is to design a student-centric, centralized and web-based educational platform to enhance the lifelong learning experience for Soldiers across the globe," said Sharonne Joy Jacobs, manager, NCOLCoE World Campus.
NCOLCoE understands that Soldiers have rather unique challenges in working toward achieving their educational goals, which is why the World Campus will be a hybrid of information composed of government, private sector and academia resources.
"Think of the NCOLCoE World Campus as a one-stop shop for all of your Professional Military Education as well as your collegiate academic needs," Jacobs said.
The World Campus will have more of a college or university style and look but operates within the Department of Defense design guidelines.
The site is hosted on the Air Force Public Information Management System, which means more interaction, videos, tutorials, and interactive multimedia instruction products for the user.
Equipped with the right resources, the user is prepared and ready to attain success throughout both their career and academic pursuit due to the resources provided on the WC.
Resources on the site include:
- Learning Resource Center: Gives the learner access to the library materials, information services and collections of military history, leadership, military science, and management at the click of the mouse.
- Online Writing Lab: The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University contains writing resources and instructional materials to help assist the learner in developing their writing skills.
- Academic Advice: Provided through helpful tips and life hacks that enable the learner to be successful in taking classes in the traditional classroom or in an online environment.
"Many of these tips come from resources such as Forbes magazine and Oxford Learning," Jacobs said.
- IT and Blackboard support: This section provides Students with access to the Army Learning Management System help desk where they can use a chat feature through the Tier 2 in the support system.
"Tier 2 Agents possess in-depth knowledge of specific learning content, training information, or technical areas and the skills to resolve emergent problems within their area of responsibility," she said. "Tier 2 Agents are responsible for their area of expertise to provide solutions for any incident report a Tier 1 agent cannot resolve."
- Course catalogs: The course catalogs section contains a detailed listing of the PME courses within NCOPDS.
"The catalogs are very similar to those colleges and universities give to their prospective students and those already enrolled at the college or university," Jacobs said. "It includes Course Scopes, course maps, module information, lesson objectives, and hours."
- e- Portfolio: The e-Portfolio is a future initiative that will integrate into the World Campus. It is a digital repository created by a student of their course-related work, essays, posters, photographs, videos, and artwork, designed to showcase their learning over time.
"The primary purpose of e-Portfolios is to provide students with a broader, scaffolded and more integrated learning experience to foster stronger preparation for their professional life, research shows that e-Portfolios have the potential to enhance graduate employability; prompt students to reflect on learning.
The site also offers tips for successfully completion of the NCO Professional Development System, academic tutorials, and financial tips for college. It provides the user with unparalleled flexibility to ensure they operate in a way that adds value to NCO Corps and maximizes the talent of the workforce.
Registration is not required to use the WC or the resources it provides.
NCOLCoE is the premier institution driving innovative development for enlisted leaders; constantly focused on readiness; making the world campus the digital link to NCO PME.
For more information on the NCOLCoE World Campus visit https://www.ncolcoeworldcampus.army.mil/