KM Training and Professional Development Portal
The Pathway to a KM Officer
The KM Officer is responsible for ensuring that your organization maximizes the value it achieves through one of its most important assets, its knowledge. They provide tools and techniques that make work easier, the leadership and workforce more productive and effective, all resulting in improved overall organizational performance.
- Advises the executive leadership regarding KM activities and practices that can improve shared understanding throughout the organization
- Leads efforts to identify performance and knowledge gaps that impact the enterprise
- Directs the activities of the KMWG
- Synchronizes KM activities with higher headquarters and peer organizations
- Develops KM strategy, policy, and implementation plans
- KM Overview (Self-paced, 2 hrs)
- Army Knowledge Managment Basics Course (Self-paced, 3-5 days)
- KMRC (Online and in-person; 3 days)
- KM Electives
- University Degree Programs
Explore KM Career Pathways to learn the steps to achieve your KM career goals!
KM Representatives are usually the first responders to KM issues and are well-versed in their organization’s collaborative processes. They have technical skills or special training in KM and want to improve the organization and be creative and critical thinkers.
A KM Specialist provides leadership in the use of traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective strategies to capture, interpret, and share technical knowledge.
The KM Officer directs the KM section. The KM Officer ensures the processes and procedures are understood in the unit.
A Chief Knowledge Officer is an individual who has knowledge of organizational learning, knowledge architecture, knowledge asset management, knowledge technology, and innovation.